Thursday 12 May 2016

Arsenal keen to sign mauro Icardi


The Gunners have been linked with a move for the Argentina international as potential cover for Danny
Welbeck after the Arsenal striker was ruled out for nine months on Wednesday afternoon
Louis van Gaal’s Red Devils were also thought to be monitoring the 23-year-old forward as the 20-time English champions look to bolster their attacking options in the summer transfer window.

However, Icardi, who joined Inter from Sampdoria in 2013, was adamant that he will be staying with Roberto Mancini’s side despite the speculation surrounding his future.
“I have a contract until 2019 and there are a few years to go yet. I will absolutely stay here,” Icardi is quoted as saying by the daily express..

“Do I want to become the new Javier Zanetti? Steady on, that’s a lot of years.
“I am happy to be here and to be wearing his armband. If I get to remain as many years as he did, then I’ll be even happier.”

Icardi has scored 16 times in 33 Serie A appearances for the Nerazzurri this season..   thesportreview.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment